Deciding to keep and raise a child conceived through sexual assault is a difficult enough situation. However, some perpetrators make things worse by demanding custody or visitation rights with the kids. Unfortunately, since the government isn't keen on cutting off children's access to their parents, it can be challenging keeping a rapist away from your child, but here are two things you can try. Terminate Parental Rights Your best option in this situation is to get the person's parental rights terminated.